escapism
Twitter,




IRENE CHEEN,




I'm eighteen, I wouldn't claim myself to be 'short' at 5"2.5 but I do wish to be taller sometimes. My greatest fear of life is being alone for too long & being around tight spaces(Claustrophobic). I am a crossed legged that loves cuddles, piggybacks, tea, foul words, animals, acid wash colours, music, ADTR, poetry, alone, horror, long walks, conversations, smell of rain, old books, random midnight roadtrips, James Frey, wolves, piercings, and FOOD.







Older post,
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
December 2010
January 2011
March 2011




Saturday, January 1, 2011
twenty ten

Before you know it, today is the 1st of January, year 2011. It was just yesterday when It was December 2010. This time last year, I was scare as hell to go back to school knowing I'm gonna be a candidate for my SPM examination. From that point I would think of what, who and how I would be this time, this year. For all that you know, I haven't changed much but I did. I've never been better than I am now.

I actually do like my life right now, I like how everything is and am. Just maybe a little here & there that I don't but I could move on from there and despite the fact I'll be turning eighteen in fourteen days, I actually want to stay seventeen forever. Everything that could possibly happen has happened this year. Falling apart, breaking up, making up, falling out, falling in, love, hate, trust, meeting new people, recover, screwing up- yeah this is one big part of my life when I had the most fun and I'll definitely keep in heart and most of all, I survived.

Year 2010 started off a little rough for me, I was single & my parents were fighting. I remember hating how my year started so much. When it was close to my birthday, I like how things were again, I had my friends by my side, my family settled back down & I had- what I thought then, my everything back in my arms. Everything was just how I wanted it to be, everything in my life was, happy.

Things started going out of hand all over again ever since my mother left to Thailand with her friends & he started college. When mother got home on the 28th February, I was no longer taken. From then on wards, I was just like a girl in a coma. I wasn't myself no longer, I've gotten skinnier, I fell back in my studies, I started skipping classes, I started smoking a lot. For day til night, my friends have to ut me to bed without failing to ask me to stop crying.

From then on wards, I wanted to move on but eventually I became a screw up. Things didn't worked for me. Everything was a mess. But along the way, I learnt to let go, I've also came to learn that somehow sometimes no matter how much I hate my friends, they'd be there for me in need for so much, always trying the best to cheer me up & to learn that what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger, was a true fact.

Along the way, I still manage to have fun by doing what I'm not suppose to. Like sneaking out & getting caught, jumping into the swimming pool at four in the morning with clothes on, jumping on my couch up and down while dancing to Gypsy by Shakira half naked with unfinished beer bottles and run down make up, chasing after a cab we called, got kicked out of the cab and had to walk under the hot sun, having to sit in the wrong train heading to the wrong place at 10PM at night and getting slapped on the face by Matthew's birthday cake are one of the best-est things I've done.

Then so it came down to the point where I told my self I'll give myself a break from falling in love. 4 months ago, this guy that I was introduced to was named John at my party. Remembering we did not talk much on my party and only started new conversations 2weeks after brought him to be my boyfriend today.

This was the year where it was my senior year. I mange to graduated and be in good terms but not forgetting it was the first 3times being at detention corner & I sat for one of the most important exams of my life as a high school student. After all those stay ups, last minute studies, coffee, redbull & slapping myself to stay awake, I finally finished high school.

At this state, I love how everything is, not literally but most of it. Friends that I know I would love and cherish for long, family & my boyfriend. They never fail to somehow make me smile even if they're my worst enemies at times.

Ending my 2010 year post with a cup of orange juice in my eco friendly cup & wishing everyone a Happy new year.